Rabu, 23 Mei 2012
Al Qaeda: Yemen bomb attack is Revenge
Yemeni officials say a renegade soldier who allegedly detonated the bomb when hundreds of soldiers lined up for a rehearsal of military parade in the capital, Sana'a. The soldiers were preparing to parade on Tuesday to commemorate the unification of north and south Yemen.
Al Qaeda affiliate based in Yemen said they were directed to the senior commander of Yemen. The attack occurred at the time of the Yemeni government offensive against militants backed United to win in the southern regions last year, when the country was hit by turbulence against the then president, Ali Abdullah Saleh.
UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon on Monday strongly condemned the bombing, and said the perpetrators of terrorist attacks should be held accountable. He urged the people of Yemen in order to reject the use of force and fully implement an agreement that makes the political transition Saleh retreated in February after 33 years of authoritarian rule.
Both the minister of defense and joint chiefs of staff took part in rehearsals Yemen in Sana'a, but not injured. Sides al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula said the defense minister was the target of bomb attacks and warned of more attacks if the government offensive is halted.
Yemeni President Abed Rabbo Mansour Hadi, who replaced Saleh, responded to the attack with a determination to continue the war against Al Qaeda. He also sacked two senior military commander of Yemen, which is an ally of his predecessor. President Hadi promised to restructure the military and rid it of relatives and supporters suspected Saleh inhibit reform.
Diposting oleh macho di 06.38